Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Project For Chemo Patients

We are really trying to be intentional about doing more hands on projects with the kids to involve them in reaching out to others to share the love of Jesus.  I had been wanting to have them do something for chemo patients since Grandaddy is getting chemo and they know how tough it is on him.  I decided to keep it pretty simple and have them color a picture that we could attach to a little treat for the patients.  They loved coloring the fall leaves.  
 Kate really got into painting!  She did such pretty colors.
 Their art turned out super cute!
 I attached their art to some trail mix packets.  Simple but cute.  We also spent lots of time praying for all of the patients that will get them.  
My parents will pass them out tomorrow while my Dad is getting his treatment.  We are praying that it will open opportunities to talk with some of the other patients and to encourage them.

Speaking of my dad.  Be praying for him tomorrow as he starts treatment #10.  Can't believe it is already time for number 10.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Love this idea.I'm sure the patients love them.I should do something like this with my students,we have a local little girl fighting for her life right now and would love to send something up with her parents for all the kids going through chemo.
Keeping your dad in our prayers