Monday, June 15, 2009

6 Years & Counting...

I thought I would take a quick break from the cruise posts to post about our anniversary. We celebrated our 6th anniversary yesterday. We actually did the celebrating on Friday night since yesterday was Sunday and that is always a busy day. We enjoyed a great dinner out at The Melting Pot. Ben spent the night at Mema & Opa's house so it was nice to wake up to a quiet house on Saturday morning (it was the 3rd Saturday in a row that mommy woke up with no Ben!!!) We had a great time just catching up and talking about the past 6 years. 6 years sounds like a long time to me (although my brother pointed out that in just 2 more years we will have been married for as long as we dated). It has been a wonderful 6 years. I could not imagine my life without Matt! He is a wonderful husband and father!!


We have made it a rule that we will go to a different restaurant every year for our anniversary so that I won't forget here is the list so far...


Year 1 - Pauli's Chophouse (Huntsville, AL)
Year 2 - Baker's Peters Jazz Club (Knoxville, TN)
Year 3 - Cafe Ciao (Birmingham, AL)
Year 4 - Elway's (Denver, CO)
Year 5 - Grille 29 (Huntsville, AL)
Year 6 - The Melting Pot (Huntsville, AL)


Here we are on Friday night!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary Eckleys!!!!

Aunt Lisa said...

Congratulations Matt and Emily! I can't believe it's been 6 years - it seems like yesterday.