Thursday, September 20, 2012

No Nap!

I have to admit that I am just a little envious of some of my friends...  My friends who have kids that nap until they are 6 years old.  I would love it!  Ben stopped taking naps at around 2.5 or 3.  I thought that maybe Kate would be my longer napper.  She has always taken such great naps.  I was hopeful we might could just make it to 4.  Well a couple of weeks ago it was like a switch was flipped.  She went from being a great napper to not taking naps at all.  AHHHHH!!!  What happened??  She started skipping naps every few days.  Then it would be 2 or 3 days without a nap.  Not cool!!!  I am a mama that needs a few minutes of peace and quiet.  She is pretty good about staying in her room and playing.  It is actually pretty fun to listen to her play.  She has some elaborate stories she creates.  So she and I came to a little deal.  She can not take a nap one day and then she has to take one the next day.  So far it is sort of working.  She is pretty good about knowing when she is tired and she will ask to nap.  If she says she is not tired then she really doesn't need a nap I guess.  She stays happy until bedtime so I guess I can't complain.  I just wish the naps had lasted just a little longer!

0 comments: