Friday, November 29, 2013

Post Thanksgiving Report

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.  It was the perfect day full of family, food and fun.  The only bad thing was that Matt had to work.  But that is nothing new.  I think he has worked the majority of Thanksgivings since we have been married.  

We had a relaxing morning at home and then went over to my parent's house to do some cooking.  I had some really awesome sous chefs to help me.  
 While we cooked the kids enjoyed the parade and dog show.
 We then headed over to Matt's parents house for a little Morris family Thanksgiving.  We got there in time for a game of "Happy Family" that Ben did very well at.  We then had a little photo fun!  It was great to see all the family that were there.


 We met up with Matt and went over to Andrew and Kelly's for the evening.  They were gracious to host dinner this year.  I love this couch full of boys I love!
 It was so much fun to watch the kiddos play together.  Perry adores Ben and Kate and wants to be right in the middle of whatever they are doing.  It is so cute.
 We had a wonderful spread of food!  All the traditional favorites.
 Such a cute kids table!
 I think we are probably the only family that has microscope time on Thanksgiving.  That is what happens when you have a family full of science people.  Kelly got some slides from work she wanted Ben to see.  #nerdyfamilythanksgiving
 Our attempt at a family picture!  Love my sweet family!
 So thankful for this little guy this year!  Hard to believe he wasn't around last year.  What joy he has brought to our family!
 Granna and Grandaddy started a tradition of getting the kiddos matching Christmas PJs.  They looked so cute after dinner!
 We played a few games (wouldn't be an East family Thanksgiving without some games).  Then Kelly and I decided to brave the cold and do a little shopping.  I needed some new boots so we headed to Belk.  It was insane!!!  Nothing but boot carnage to be found.  I did manage to find some matching pairs.  It is crazy what people will do for $20 boots!
It was a splendid day!  Relaxing time spent with family celebrating what we are thankful for!

0 comments: