Thursday, January 22, 2009

Favorite books & New Friend

In the past several months Ben has really gotten into books. He loves to read and to have someone read to him. I think it is great because I love to read and I have made Matt become a reader! He has 2 books that are probably his absolute favorites.


The first is Richard Scarry's Biggest and Best Storybook Ever. This book is awesome! It is full of fun pictures that little boys love. He sits and "reads" it for hours. We have started a find and seek game where we can name an object and he will look through the book for it. He is really good at finding the smallest objects. I think one of the reasons I like this book so much is because I remember it from when I was little. It was my brother's favorite book as well. I remember us sitting and looking at it over and over.


His other favorite book is I Love Trains (shocking I know a book about trains). We have probably read this book 1,000 times. It is really short and we now have it memorized but he loves it!

Here is a picture of us reading last night! So much fun!

I also wanted to introduce you to Ben's new stuffed puppy friend. You may remember Brown Puppy that I blogged about a while back. We don't go anywhere without Brown Puppy still! The lady that gave Ben Brown Puppy gave him a new puppy for Christmas this year. It is an Alaskan Husky so we named him Palin. At first Ben could have cared less about Palin because it was still just all about Brown Puppy but he has slowly warmed up to Palin. So he now carries around 2 puppies by the tail at all times. And at night when he goes to sleep it is with an arm full of puppies!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love new puppies name!! How fun!

My boys love to read too! I am so glad they do! We don't have either of those books, we'll have to look for them!