Monday, January 12, 2009

GeoCashing

So something new that we have started doing is GeoCashing. If you haven't heard of it don't worry I hadn't either until a couple of weeks ago. My dad got a handheld GPS for Christmas and so that got this all started. There is a website you can go to and get coordinates for hidden "treasures." People just place containers all over with stuff inside that you can use GPS to find. It is like a treasure hunt and is fun to do. Here are some pictures from our GeoCashing adventures. I don't have a picture of the one in Auburn at the art museum but you get the idea.
So our first experience was the most interesting. We were at my grandmother's house in LaFayette and we went to a grave yard at night. Slightly scary. Plus there were hunters all around so there were gunshots. Here is Matt sticking his hand down in some snake hole looking for it. CRAZY!!! We didn't find it. It was to dark!


Ben, my dad and I went last Friday to the greenway near our house. There were a couple that we were looking for and we found them both! Ben loved looking in the woods. I think he is going to be an outdoorsy guy! Not good since neither of his parent love the outdoors. Oh well! Note in the last picture Ben is using the GPS. He actually has a pretty good sense of direction for a little guy!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

sounds interesting Emily!
So, what kind of 'treasures' are you finding???!?!? I am curious!

Anonymous said...

i got a handheld gps for Christmas and i've also been geocaching! it is fun!

ben amos