Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hair

This is one of those blog posts I have been thinking about writing for a long time now. And today is as good a day as any. So my little guy has been blessed with some great hair! It is so beautiful. But it is also a big mess. This morning I was trying to get it to just not look horrible. I didn't really succeed so he just went to school with some bad hair. Most days it is cooperative but there are just some days it won't do anything.

What I really wanted to write about is the comments that I get from random people in stores and such about his hair. I would say at least 3-4 times a week I get stopped while we are out by someone about his hair (and I am an exaggerator but I am not exaggerating on this one - ask anyone who goes out with us). It is usually an older woman that has to stop and tell me how beautiful his hair is and how she had a son that had hair just like that. Then she usually says "don't ever cut it." I have even had several people tell me I should be turned into DHR if I ever get his haircut. Then they proceed to tell me about when they got their son's hair cut and they cried for a week because all the curls were gone. I usually just say thank you and move on. I don't tell them he has had about 10 haircuts and I have to get it cut every 6-8 weeks or else it looks crazy (like this morning). If you got curly hair you got curly hair and a haircut won't change that. And Ben just has curly hair. But it always gets me thinking about these people and why they think they need to tell me these stories. I know they are just being nice but really why do they think they need to tell me all about it! I hope one day I am not like that stopping random people and discussing what they need to do with their children. Someone please stop me if I ever get like that.

The big discussion around our house lately has been what Miss Kate's hair is going to look like. I am betting she will be bald or have stick straight very fine hair. Here are a couple of cute pictures of Ben that I thought showed off his hair very well!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will resist the overwhelming urge to be "that person" right now, but lets just say that at the moment Gabe's curls are gone and I'm heartbroken. Also, I almost find myself praying that Julia will have Gabe's hair, but something tells me she won't be that lucky ;). ~Jess