Friday, October 9, 2009

PT Boot Camp!!

This has been the week I have been dreading for the past 3 months. The potty training week!! This week is fall break so that means no school or other activities so I knew it would be the perfect week to do this. It just isn't much fun!! I mentioned that we tried this summer to potty train in a day and that was a disaster so I figured I would devote the entire week to this. And I mean the whole week. I haven't left the house all week. All we have done is potty training (and I have done lots of cleaning - my house is as clean as ever!)
It started off slow with more accidents than success but as the week has gone on we have had success. I have learned it really is a training process. You have to train the little body to only "go" on the potty. I wish I knew a great secret to tell all you moms about how to do it (I have had lots of people ask for the secret) but there isn't one. I think it just takes time and patience. I have learned A LOT about patience this week. It is not fun cleaning up pee pee all the time. One of my friends came over for a visit yesterday and commented on how there was a bottle of carpet cleaner in every room of my house. I said yep that has been my week. That and laundry.
But I am so proud of my little guy!! He has done great!! He gets stickers for every time he goes pee pee in the potty and everyday he is getting more and more (yesterday we got 7!!) We had told him when he got 10 he could go to Walmart and pick out a DVD. He loves movies so this was a big motivator for him. He got his 10 stickers on Wednesday so he went and debated for 30 minutes over the DVDs and finally picked out Cars. Here he is with his DVD and stickers!

I know we aren't there yet but we are making lots of progress. I have decided that someone needs to start a potty training camp. There are camps for everything else. At this point I would pay TONS of money to send him away for a week to be potty trained. If anyone out there needs a job there is an idea.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, my word, can I identify with you! I remember that time...not so long ago! If you have any questions or need some support, just call me! Sounds like y'all are doing great though - I know the whole process was a nightmare some days but did get better sooner than I expected. Now my boys think that just because they see a potty in a store, that means they need to use it!