Friday, August 6, 2010

Getting Ready

It is that time of year! Back to school season. It gets earlier and earlier each year. And this year it is coming way faster than I thought. Mainly because I thought we had another week of summer but we don't. We had open house at Ben's school last night. As we were leaving everyone kept saying see you next week. I figured they just meant see you soon since I thought school started on the 16th. I look at the calendar on the way home and it starts on MONDAY!!! How crazy is this mama! I almost missed them starting back to school. I thought we had another week of summer but we don't. Today was it. I am scrambling to get everything together for next week. I thought I had some more time. I have to get Kate's blue card quick so she can start!

Open house was lots of fun. We got to meet Ben's teacher and some of his classmates. His teacher is actually a friend of ours from Sunday School, Mrs. Teague. She is super sweet. This is her first year teaching but she is going to be awesome. They are using the WEE Learn curriculum by Lifeway. It is very biblically based. Each week there is a Bible story and all of the lessons are based off of it. So their science, language, story, books, music, etc will all be based around that central lesson. It is going to be really neat. Ben will be going to the 1/2 day program 3 days a week (MWF). They are really going to work on development of some of the fine motor skills (holding crayons/pencils, drawing) and on focusing on work. Both of those are areas Ben needs some work so I think it is going to be great for him. His class has 6 little kiddos (5 boys and 1 girl). His buddy Micah is in his class so they will have lots of fun. I am looking forward to a great year for Ben!

Kate is also starting "school" next week. She is going to Mother's Day Out 1 day a week (Wednesday). Her open house is on Monday so we will find out a little more about her schedule then but I am pretty sure it will be similar to Ben's at this age. The whole school is going to the WEE Learn curriculum so Kate's little class will also be using it. She will have Miss Gerri as a teacher who was Ben's teacher. We love Miss Gerri! I can't believe my little girl is going to "school." She is going to have so much fun.

Our weekend is going to be spent getting ready for the big day Monday!!! Here are a few pictures from open house last night.
The boys loved the "homeliving" center. They are going to do some cooking!
Ben and his teacher Mrs. Teague!
We are getting ready. We've got every ones lunch boxes and backpacks ready to go. I need to get Kate's monogrammed so hopefully I can get that done quickly!
What am I going to do with myself on Wednesday when I have no kids??? Oh wait. I will catch up on all the work I have been putting off all summer. I am so behind on charting.

0 comments: