Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Silly Mommy

Today was a big day! I am the women's ministry coordinator of the women's Bible studies for our church. Today was the big kick off day for our studies. I have been working for about the last 6 months towards this day and it finally arrived!! Lots of hard work in organizing the teachers, studies and materials but it paid off big time. We had over 120 ladies that were at the studies this morning. I am super excited to see what God is going to do in the lives of the ladies. I was busy running around all morning so I didn't get to sit too long in the study I am going to do but hopefully I can next week. I am doing our Mom's study and we are doing James Dobson's Essentials of Discipline. It should be great.

We got up really early this morning so we could make it to church on time. I was so excited when we were ready to walk out the door at 7:30. We walked outside and it was pouring down rain! We needed the rain so it was good to see but not today. Oh well. We loaded up and I figured we could be at church a little before 8. We finally made it there around 8:40. The roads were crazy!!! Accidents everywhere and tons of traffic. You would think people didn't know how to drive in the rain. I say that sarcastically because I myself almost hydroplaned once. It was the longest drive to church ever. But we finally made it.

I say all that just to tell you a Ben funny that occurred during the middle of all this. We are sitting at the red light and watching it change from red to green about 6 times without moving. Ben yells from the backseat "Silly Mommy - The light is green GO!!" That just cracked me up. I informed him that believe me I would go if I could!

Speaking of a "Ben funny," he has been cracking me up lately with the things he says. He is all the time asking me if "I am happy." It is his way of asking me if I am mad at him when he does something wrong. Today he asked me if I was happy. I told him yes. He said, "if you are happy then tell your face because you look sad." How sweet!! And what a good reminder of how I need to make sure I am displaying to my kiddos how I am feeling!

Just to brighten your day - 2 sweet faces.


0 comments: