Sunday, December 5, 2010

Deeper Still

WOW!!! That is really all I can say about this past weekend. I had the awesome privilege of going to the Deeper Still conference in Birmingham. Us and 14,000 of our closest friends got together to hear from God. It was an amazing time. Today I was talking with some of my friends that went and we were talking about who we are still trying to "digest" it all. I mean we got to listen to Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer and Beth Moore. That in and of itself is a little overwhelming. It was awesome to just get to sit and listen to them speak. I don't think I was able to take in but about 1/4 of what they said. But even that was life changing.

I am still working through it all and I am sure I will be for quite a while but I think the big theme that came out of the weekend for me was obedience. I have a lot of knowledge. I have a lot of stuff. But I don't have a lot of obedience. I want to do things my way. I have got to begin to lay it all down and allow God to take what little I can give and do amazing and wonderful things!!! I pray that I can have an obedient heart that is open to doing what He calls me to do.

Whenever you to go conferences one of the best parts is hanging with your girlfriends. And I had a blast with my gals this weekend...My awesome mom and amazing SIL Kelly. It was a great time for us to just be together. Life gets so busy that we don't get much time to just hang out as girls so it was great. We laughed a lot, ate a lot and learned a lot. Thanks girls for going with me!!

Another highlight was getting to be on the same floor and share an elevator with Travis Cottrell!! He is the worship leader and is amazing. We tried not to gawk too much. I have actually never been to a conference like this before. It has just never worked out so it was a new and wonderful experience for me. After 12 years of doing Beth Moore studies I finally got to see her in person and it was worth the wait!!!!

This post just doesn't do the weekend justice but for now that is all I have to share! Be on the look out for what the other Eckleys did this weekend while mommy was away. They had a great time too.

0 comments: