Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend 2012

We had a weekend full of celebrations.  It started on Friday night when Matt and I went out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary.  Kelly was sweet and watched the kids for us.  We went over to a restaurant in Guntersville called Rock House Eatery.  It was really yummy!  We enjoyed a fun date night celebrating 9 amazing years of marriage.  
The chocolate cake was amazing!!  Sinfully rich but awesome.
Saturday we spent hours working in the yard.  Got it all cleaned up and looking good.  After all the work, we went over to Sweet CeCe's to enjoy some frozen yogurt.

Sunday was full of celebrating dads!  We started the day with our traditional gifts in bed.  The kids were so excited to give daddy their gifts.
We got him an electric starter for his weed eater and a fun book about Darth Vader (guess who picked that one out?).

Then it was off to church but we had to get a picture of the awesome daddy with his kiddos!
Matt picked breakfast at Panera.  We all had our fill of bagels.
After a great church service and naps, we went over to my parents house for a family dinner.  The kids were excited to play  in the rock.
I love this man!!!
And this man!!  So thankful for the amazing blessing of him in my life.  I could not have asked for a better dad.
My parents got home on Saturday from a 3 week trip to Europe.  We sure have missed them.  We all enjoyed a slideshow of their pictures.  It looks like they had an amazing time.
My dad got a fire pit for Father's Day so we enjoyed roasting some marshmallows.  It was so much fun!
Nothing better than s'mores!
It was a great weekend.  I am so thankful for all we had to celebrate.

1 comments:

Amanda Sanford said...

Love seeing sweet Kate enjoying some of Reagan's clothes. That outfit in the bottom photo was one of my favorites! Gonna need to share big and clean out my fall/winter stash soon because our house is UNDER CONTRACT!!!