Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Tour of Homes - Playroom

Today is all about kids rooms over at Kelly's Korner.  Since I recently posted both of the kids new rooms I thought I would post pictures of the playroom instead.  We feel so very blessed to have a bonus room upstairs that we can use as a playroom.  It is perfect for the kids and all of their toys and such.  I love it because I just let the kids go up and play and I don't ever have to worry about cleaning it (it took me forever to clean it up to take these pictures).  Great situation!  It is a really fun room that we enjoy hanging out in.  This is the view from the top of the stairs as you walk up.  The room is done in red and denim blue. 
 The kitchen area is Kate's current favorite.  She spends hours cooking and shopping. 
 This is an area I need to work on.  These are some old pictures of just Ben.  I need to update them.  That is on the list of things to do this summer.  We love this quote and it fits perfectly in the room. 
 The futon has really come in handy lately.  The kids sometimes sleep on it (especially when the air is out).  It is also perfect when they have friends over to spend the night. 
Matt did an amazing job of building these built in shelves!  It was a huge project but it turned out awesome. 
 The shelves provide tons of storage for games and toys! 
 One of my favorite things in the house is this window seat.  We can see the lake in our neighborhood from the window.  It is a great place to curl up and read with the kids. 
This has become Ben's favorite part of the room.  He loves to play the Wii.  It is great to have the video games upstairs and I know as the kids get older we will use that part of the room more and more. 
This is our little art/table area.   I love having an area to display the kids artwork as well. 
I knew the half wall would be perfect for a chalk board!  The kids have fun drawing on it.  We also painted it with magnetic paint so we can do magnets as well. 
 We love our playroom and all the fun we get to have in it!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a great space!! Loving those built in's!!

momMYsliceoflife said...

What a fun playroom! Love the window seat and built it wall units! :)

Unknown said...

What a fun room! The large paints and paintbrush are so neat.

~Shelly~ said...

That is freaking awesome! If only my sister and I had that when we were growing up! Very cool!

Jess Gordon said...

I need a room exactly like this one!

Natasha said...

I love this playroom. So cheerful and fun! I also really LOVE the paintbrush and paint set. Awesome!