Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Dad

This is post I have been putting off all week. I just haven't felt like writing it. Last Friday night we found out that my dad has cancer. It came as a shock to all of us. After a week of tests and scans we still don't know where the primary cancer is. We do know it is very advanced. This is not the news we wanted to hear. We of course are devastated. This is not something we ever wanted to deal with.


If you have read this blog for even just a little bit you know how special both my parents and Matt's parents are. They play a huge role in our kids lives. My dad is just amazing. I could write forever about how much he means to me. 

We of course are struggling. We don't know what the future holds and that is very scary. But we are clinging to the fact that we know who holds the future. Over the past year God has taught me a lot about what faith is and how it is to lived out. I guess we are going to get a chance to live that faith out in a big way over the next few months. We ask for your prayers through this time. 

My parents have started a caring bridge website where you can follow along with what is going on. http://caringbridge.org/visit/garyeast
I don't know how much I will talk about it on our blog so the best place to get info will be on the caring bridge site. 

My dad has chosen Isaiah 41:10 as his verse for this journey. It says ...
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

This verse is perfect because this is how we are going to make it through this. God is going to be the only way. Our goal is to give him all the glory. 

1 comments:

Mary Leatherwood said...

We are praying for Uncle Gary and your family. Lots of Love, The Leatherwoods