Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008

The day has finally arrived!!! Is it just me or has this campaign been going on forever!! I had been talking to Ben about voting for a week or so and telling him all about it. This morning we were all excited to go vote! We had heard that our precinct was the busiest in town and that made me a little worried. And boy was it busy! We got there around 8:30 this morning to see the line below. We stood in line for about 30 minutes and an official came out and said it would be another 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I had to work at 10 so we just left. We came back at around 11:45 and waited until 1:30 or so. Almost 2 hours in line to vote (poor Ashley and Jon had to wait even longer)! It wasn't that bad. The weather was perfect and Ben got to eat lunch in line and Mrs. Lynn our neighbor gave him a sucker so he was a happy guy. They did it alphabetically so for some reason the A-F line was painfully slow. But you know, I just feel lucky to even be able to vote! It was fun to get to explain it all to Ben. Even if he doesn't understand I can tell him about his first time to go "vote" for President.

Now we are just praying hard for the outcome. But you know what... we know who is in control and that is all that matters.

Here is the line...it just keeps going and going

Ben waiting happily in line to vote!



1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, that was a long time to wait! Glad Ben did well! I early voted to avoid having to take 2 toddlers with me!!!!!
We are sitting here anxiously awaiting!!