Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sleeping

I would have thought that by the time Ben was 2 he would be sleeping great. Boy was I wrong! The little guy is so special! He just won't sleep through the night. We had gone about a month with him sleeping through the night pretty much every night which was a huge deal for us! But then he started waking up. And he just wasn't waking up randomly - he was waking up at 2:56 every morning. It was so strange. The exact same time 5 nights in a row. Now that I am used to getting more sleep I am having a hard time adjusting to less sleep. So last night was used a little Benadryl to try to get him to sleep past 2:56 and it worked! He slept until 5:45!! YEA!!! Don't let it get out that we drug our child to get him to sleep.

Here are some pictures of the little guy sleeping. I can't believe how big he looks in his crib! It won't be long until he is in a big bed. You will note all of the must haves for sleeping - froggy pillow, a million stuffed animals (which are actually on the floor in the picture because he likes to throw them out of the crib when he wakes up), Mickey Mouse blanket and of course Brown Puppy!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh Emily, thats got to be rough! I am a grump if I don't get my sleep! I can't believe how big our boys are getting...and I don't even want to think about moving to big beds! I am afraid we'll have a few nights of sleepless nights!!!! I'm going to keep them in their cribs forever!