Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sleep issues plague the Eckley house!!

So I am sitting here waiting on a conference call for work (mid year evaluation - I hate evaluations by the way!) and I thought that I would just write some random thoughts and seek some advice.


Do you think babies dream?

So lately Ben has been having some really bad sleep issues. I thought it was just because we had been so busy the last couple of months and really hadn't been on a schedule. But this week we have been at home everyday and trying to stay on a schedule and he is as bad as ever. He woke up in the middle of the night one day this week just screaming. It was like he was asleep but screaming and flailing about. I think he is having nightmares. It has made him afraid to go to sleep. He used to be a great sleeper but now it is just terrible. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

I need some sleep!! Last night he was up 4 times in the night. I had to wake up Matt to help me at 2:30.


Just a cute picture of Ben. Hard to believe that this baby could cause so much havock in our house!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Em! Sorry to hear about the sleep issues. All I can do is sympathize. I am really enjoying your blog and keeping up with what's going on with you guys....makes me think about starting a blog. Tell everyone I said hello! Maybe your Mom should start blogging, too. Love ya! Aunt Lisa

Anonymous said...

I completely think that babies have bad dreams. Anna has woken up many times and acted like she didn't know where she was or who I was. It lasted like 15 min and then she went back to sleep. She woke up screaming bloody murder. It scared me to death, but my mom said I did the same thing at her age. So sorry you are having issues! We are basically in the same boat!

Anonymous said...

Yes, they totally have dreams! Gabe has woken up crying and talking about something really random, then he is so confused when I come into the room. Do you think Ben gets too hot or cold at night? I guess Gabe was, because we kept finding him sleeping at the foot of his bed, and we finally realized that that is where the AC blows :). Anyway, I hope Ben is able to get back to a good sleep pattern soon - for all your sakes!

Jennifer said...

Hi Emily!! I am so glad you are finally blogging!!!! I think that babies do have dreams...I have read alot about this lately! Ethan doesn't usually wake up like that, but this past week Eli did it for about 4 nights in a row...since we were on vacation, we thought it was just because he woke in a new place, but then we realized that he never opened his eyes, he was just crying and moving around. Its sad because there isn't much you can do about bad dreams! I hope Ben gets better!!!!