Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm so excited!!!!

We here at the Eckley household are so excited for so many reasons!!! First off we made it home from the beach and had a wonderful trip. Believe me that is something to be excited about after our last trip!

The second reason we are so excited is because of John McCain's pick of Gov. Sarah Palin for his running mate!!! I had done some research on her several months back and was so impressed. My dad spends lots of time up in Alaska and has sung her praises for about a year. He has been on commercial flights on several occasions with her. She only flies coach to save the state money!!! She seemed to be exactly what our country needed. I had heard her name mentioned a couple of times in the last few months but had pretty much given up hope of her being picked. On Friday morning, when her name started coming up we started to get so excited. I just couldn't believe it!!! We were really in truely jumping up and down when McCain announced her!! I admire her so much for the work she has done and how she has balanced it with her family. It is great to see a woman exhibit leadership qualities in such a strong but humble manner. Matt and I couldn't be happier about the choice. The ticket has our vote for sure and we plan on doing our part to help them get elected (which we weren't planning on doing before this choice!) Needless to say, we haven't stopped smiling or talking about her since Friday.

The last thing to get excited about... FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! This truely is our favorite time of the year!! We so look forward to football season. There is nothing better than sitting around all day Saturday watching games - any games we love them all!! Auburn did pretty well last night. We enjoyed going over to our friends Kyle and Candace's house to watch the game. They have a brand new baby girl, Kylie who is just 13 days old. We had lots of fun. I am sure I will talk lots more about football in the coming weeks!

So much to be excited about!! God continues to be good!! Here are a few pictures from the beach and from the Auburn game.

Ben chilling on the beach!! He hated the sand. Don't let the pictures fool you!







He loved the pool!


War Eagle!

Ben & Kylie - Young Auburn fans


3 comments:

Cabra said...

sounds like you guys need to be on the campaign trail!

Jennifer Ezell said...

Hey Emily! I am very excited about Sarah Palin as well!! What a great pick! Did you hear her speech last night? I thought she did a great job! I got your blog address off of Jessica Halls. Ben is such a cutie! Have a great day!
Jennifer Ezell

Simplicity By Christy said...

Oh Emily! I sooo see you in Ben in some of the pictures! How cute is he?! I miss seeing you guys!