Thursday, September 30, 2010

Congratulations Grandaddy

Today was a really big day for my family but it sort of went unnoticed. After 33 years of working for the government (first as an army officer and then in several civilian capacities), my wonderful dad retired! I can't believe it. My entire life I have seen him get up and go to work every day. He is an amazing man and has truly had a wonderful career. He has set an great example of what hard work can do.

This morning he went and turned in his badge and it was all over. To celebrate the kids and I went out to lunch with him. That was fun! He has great retirement plans to travel (starting tomorrow), work around the house and play with the kids! He actually has another contract job that is pending right now so he does plan to go back to work for a few more years (hey he is only 55 - that is young!). But for now we are enjoying saying he is retired. We are really looking forward to his retirement present to himself (it involves us and a wonderful trip next summer).

So - Happy Retirement Dad!! I love you!!!

0 comments: