Monday, May 9, 2011

Blessed

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend celebrating Mother's Day. Ours was very nice. It was a weekend filled with mixed emotions. Some friends of ours had to say good-bye to their sweet baby boy on Friday. I know some of you have been following Greyson's story and have prayed for his sweet family for months. Greyson was ready to go home to Jesus. I can't imagine what his family is going through right now but I know they are being help up by the love of Jesus right now. It caused me to be a little more introspective this weekend I guess. I feel so blessed to be the mother of 2 wonderful children! God has given me more than I could have ever asked for. But I am also reminded that these are not my children. They were loved first and most by God!! They are on loan to me from Him. For some reason He counted me worthy enough to be their mom here on Earth. I pray that I never take for granted that privilege and always remember no matter how much I love them He loves them infinitely more!! I also pray that I seek everyday to be the mother that He would have me to be to grow these sweet little lives for His glory!!

All that said I am so blessed and I was happy to be able to celebrate being a mom yesterday!!

Matt had asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day and I said all I wanted was to not have to worry about food all day long. I guess cooking and meal planning is one of my most hated chores. Matt did an awesome job of taking over the duty for the day. It started early with lots of little helpers who fixed me breakfast in bed! It was nice to get to relax and enjoy some quiet time in my room.
See my amazing breakfast. Matt makes the most wonderful homemade blueberry muffins! Ben made the vase that my flower is in. It has his sweet handprint on it!
Ben took this picture so it is sort of off but I love it!! I got a new case for my phone and my favorite Moose Munch!

We all enjoyed going to church together. And then we went to Casa Blanca for lunch. They were handing our roses to all the mamas which was sweet.


We just got to relax and enjoy the afternoon. It was so wonderful. My perfect kind of day with my family. Ben made me the most special card and he even wrote my name. I LOVE it!!!

I am so blessed!!!

0 comments: