Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Very Pinterest Christmas

Ok it is time for another Pinterest post!!! Always fun! I am loving all the awesome Christmas ideas on Pinterest. I am having a great time implementing some of them. And the best thing about most of these is that I did them for free!

First up our family Christmas card picture. I saw the idea of using a chalkboard and thought it was so cute. So we did some fun pictures and this is one of my favorites. My Christmas card idea also came off of Pinterest this year but I will let that come as a surprise later on in the month.
I am very much enjoying my redone breakfast room hutch (thanks Katy!!) so I decided that I would also decorate it for Christmas this year.
We used canvases and made these super cute Christmas trees using the kids hand prints. I just love how they turned out.
I also saw the idea of filling jars and containers with candy canes. How cute did these turn out!
I found this awesome printable via Pinterest that I printed and put into a frame in the kitchen so that every day we can dry erase in how many days until Christmas! It is super cute and looks great in the kitchen. (sorry bad picture).
Printables were my thing this year. I printed out 2 awesome scripture verses that I incorporated onto my picture shelves in the living room. I have also started putting up our yearly Christmas card into the frames. It is a great way to see how our family has changed over the years! Love the printables (here and here)!!
And finally my big project has been for over the fireplace. I have never like how bear it looked at Christmas so I saw the idea of making a joy sign. I adapted it and made it work for our colors and space. It turned out super cute I think!!Since today was December 1st Miss Kate started wearing her Christmas clothes! She has a bunch so you will be seeing alot of them over the next few weeks. She loved her reindeer shirt. Had to throw in a picture of my cute little man!

1 comments:

Katy Forester Brooks said...

Everything looks so cute! I'm loving Pinterest too!