Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Day After...

Well, things didn't go quite as we had wished last night.  Auburn played an amazing game but came up just a few points and seconds short.  I told myself I wouldn't be sad because after all it had been an amazing season but that is easier said that done.  It is a little sad.  I guess I had hoped it would be a storybook ending to a charmed season.  But it is just football!!  We will move on and remember what a special season it was full of great memories.  

We really enjoyed watching the game together.  Had to get a family picture together.  
 Ben really got into watching the game.  Thankfully school was on a 2 hour delay again today so he got to stay up until halftime.  Auburn dominated the first half and was up at halftime so he was very hopeful it would end well.
 My parents joined us to watch.  It is always fun to watch games with them.
 I hated having to tell Ben that FSU won first thing this morning.  It was the first thing out of his mouth.  I had promised them we would have cupcakes for breakfast if Auburn won.  I still let them have cupcakes even though we lost.  Still have to celebrate.
It is hard to say good bye to football for another year.  We all just love football season.  Just 8 months until is starts back!!  Excited for the future of Auburn football.  We will be back!!!

0 comments: