Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Catching You Up...

So I thought I would catch you up on what happened with the Eckleys over the weekend and on Monday. Friday night we took Ben to a high school football game (our alma mater - Grissom). We wanted to see what he thought of football and it was just something fun to do. He LOVED it!!! He sat and watched for the entire 1st half of the game. He liked seeing the players and listening to the bands play. We taught him to say football (boot ba) and Go Tigers (ga ga) (I know he is not really good at the talking thing but he has hand motions for them which makes it so cute!) Grissom lost as usual but we still had fun. We are planning on taking him to the Auburn game this week up at Vandy (if we can get tickets). Hopefully he will like that just as much! Here are some pictures from the game...




I love his smile!!


He looks like he is so intent on watching the game and knows just what is going on!

The band... I just had to throw in a picture of them because Matt and I are a bunch of band dorks. Ben really enjoyed watching them march. I am still undecided if I will steer him towards band or encourage other opportunities!

On Saturday we went for our usual morning bagels (I will have to do a post on that sometime) and then went to pick out some new plants for our beautiful landscaping (more on that later too). Then we went to a Sunday School party. It was lots of fun to just hang out with our friends and watch some football and let the kids play. Ben had so much fun just playing! Sunday was church. We were keeping the nursery on Sunday night. We teach 5 year old SS in the mornings but it was our turn for rotation at night. It was Ben's age that we had and we had 8 little ones just like Ben. AHHHH!!! We survived. It was fun to see Ben interact with his friends. I thought he was the sweetest one in there (sorry Jenny - John Thomas is cute but I would have to place my vote with Ben!)

Now that you are really bored with the fun of our weekend.... Monday!!! Ben was invited to his first birthday party. The little boy next door that he plays with is turning 2 so we were going over to his house for a party yesterday morning. I am getting ready and Ben walks into the bathroom and he is not wearing his glasses. He never takes his glasses off. He loves wearing them because they help him see so well. I asked him where his glasses were and he just smiled at me. Usually if he has taken them off I can find them pretty easily but I looked and looked for 30 minutes and couldn't find them. So we went to the party and had so much fun (Ben loved the pinata and eating and playing). Come home search more for the glasses and can't find them anywhere. Ben is loving following behind me looking with me for the glasses. I think he thought it was a fun game. Matt gets home and looks for about 2 hours for the glasses with no luck. I am starting to panic thinking we are going to have to buy another $350 pair of glasses. The little girls in the neighborhood come over to play with Ben and we tell them if they can find his glasses we will pay them $5. They search for about 5 minutes and find them. Yep! Right under our bed (which both Matt and I had looked under several times!). We paid them $5 and everyone was happy!! The joys of parenting.

Now you are caught up but probably really bored with all this writing!

2 comments:

Jess Gordon said...

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but Ben is so stinkin' CUTE!

Emily said...

You just say that because he looks just like Gabe!