Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Green Lantern Saga

Who knew that this little figure could cause so much trouble... A couple of weeks ago Ben and I went shopping for his friend Micah's birthday present. Ben picked out a Green Lantern toy. I didn't know who Green Lantern was and I didn't know that Ben knew. But he did. He got very attached to that Green Lantern and had a total meltdown when he gave it to Micah. Micah's parents said that was what Micah was going to get Ben but by the time they went to look for it there were none to be found. They went to several stores looking for one but could not find one. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but you should have heard Ben as we were leaving his birthday party. He was crying saying "Green Lantern" over and over.

So we figured we would go look for one that weekend and get him one for his actual birthday. Yea - there was not one to be found in North Alabama. Matt went to every store in Huntsville. Opa even went to stores in surrounding cities looking for this little guy. Not one anywhere!! When anyone would ask Ben what he got for his birthday he would say, "no Green Lantern." It was pretty sad. I was asking him questions one day last week and I asked him what he would do if he had a million dollars. Usually he says buy a golf course or something like that but he got sad and said "get Green Lantern." The boy was willing to pay a million dollars for a little plastic toy!!!


Saturday we stopped at every Walmart and Target while we were out running errands and still no Green Lantern. But Matt ran to Target while Ben and I were at the "not on Saturday" birthday party, and found the him!!!!!!!! He surprised him with it when we met for lunch. You have not seen a happier boy in all your life. He jumped up and down and hugged Matt over and over. He kept saying " you are the best daddy in the whole world!!" It was super cute! Needless to say all that has been going on at our house for the past few days is playing Green Lantern!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! I made Ryan read it. Ben is adorable. I'm so glad you found it for him!

My Three Sons said...

I am glad Ben got his green lantern!! We will have to let him and Micah have a GL playdate!