Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mama Sick

I cursed myself yesterday. Ben had his 3 year check up and on the way I was thinking about how we hadn't had any sick visits this winter and how overall we were very healthy. I should not have had those thoughts!! I woke up at 12 am sick as a dog. I won't go into details but it was not pretty!! Don't know if it was a stomach bug or food poisoning. I guess we will find out if everyone else gets sick. When Ben woke up this morning I told him "mama's sick." He said "poor mommy. I sick too." He then laid down beside me. Sweet boy!

So today was a sick day for mama! Those are hard days!!! Mamas can't be down! Today we were supposed to go to Birmingham for Ben's biannual eye exam. My dad was planning on going with us just for fun and to help me. We were also going to go to the McWane Center. It was going to be a great day. Thankfully when I called my dad at 6 this morning he without hesitation agreed to come pick up Ben and go ahead and take him. That was awesome!!!!! I don't know how I would have made it through the day let alone made it to Birmingham. Thank you to the most wonderful dad in the world!!!! Matt was also awesome last night staying up with me and helping with Kate.

I am feeling much better. Kate and I just slept and rested all day. It was a good relaxing day. I think I needed it! Pray that it was food poisoning so that no one else will get it. I don't want it to go through the whole family!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for your Dad!!!! I am glad you got to rest today. I hope you are feeling better and no one else gets sick. How was Ben's appointment?

Amanda said...

Hope you feel better and that no one else gets sick! Those are hard days.

Jessica said...

I really hope you feel better quickly and that no one else gets sick! I remember getting a virus when BB was tee-tiny and it was AWFUL! Praise God for your Dad!

My Three Sons said...

so sorry you are sick! Eli and I had the bug earlier in the winter and it was rough! Let me know if you need anything!