Monday, October 11, 2010

Back to Normal

Today it was back to normal around here. It was so nice to have last week off from school. Ben sure did miss it though. He was more than ready to get up and going this morning to go see Mrs. Teague and his friends. I didn't work any last week so I will be making up for that the next couple of weeks. I even had to work today. I usually try not to work on Mondays. That meant I drove over the mountain 3 times within 3 hours. That is about a 20 mile trip each time. Needless to say that is why our van hit 35,000 miles today and it is less than 2 years old. I do a lot of back and forth driving.

But it was a good day being back in the routine! Mondays are the day I get all the laundry done. That is usually 6-7 loads each Monday. I would rather do it all in 1 day than to spread it out over the week. I also hit the grocery store every Monday. Today I fit in a CVS trip as well which is always exciting. Since I am already on the the subject, I haven't updated on my couponing experiences lately. I have finally found what works for me. Grocery shopping with coupons was just not working for me. I had our grocery budget already pretty streamlined before I started doing coupons. I found when I started trying to do coupons I just added more money that I spent. So I try to limit using coupons to only things I was going to buy anyway or things I know are our "staples." So I really don't do too much with coupons at the grocery store. I also found I don't like to stock up. That just isn't for me. I do try to look ahead and shop sales but not buy something if I don't need it pretty soon. Where I am saving TONS of money is at CVS. I love "playing" their game. Today I spent $1.68 and got tons of stuff. I also have $6 to take back for next week. That is where I am seeing the savings. I know it is different for everyone but this is what works for me!

And I have to mark today (because I still haven't started Kate's baby book) - Kate finally cut her 3rd tooth today!!! It has been about 3 months since she got her last one. She has been working on the top ones for months and one broke through today!! YEA!! Finally!!

Just some cute pictures...

Miss Kate wearing her farm dress at church. I love it! Ben being silly laying in the laundry basket today.

0 comments: