Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Decorating for Fall

I love the fall. One of my favorite things about it (other than the great weather) is the opportunity to decorate my house with fall stuff! I don't over do it. I just do a few fun things to really put us in the fall mood! I thought I would share a few of the things I did this year. I try to add something new every year. Although, I guess that means in a few years it will be overwhelming! Everything I do is super cheap as well. Part of the reason I am posting this is so next year I can come back and look at this post and remember what I did.

I got some mums at Lowes. They were much cheaper than usual this year. Put up some scarecrows from Hobby Lobby and now our porch looks very fallish! I made this cute centerpiece this year. I just got a candle (on sale) and some berry twigs and put it in my hurricane vase. I didn't have a good runner for my dinning room table so I used my rattan chargers to run down the table. It looks really good.
I love my mantle this year. I got the awesome pumpkin candles at Pottery Barn a couple of years ago on super sale after Christmas. I have always used them. This year I wanted to add something different. I got some fun vinyl letters that spelled fall. I got $2 vases at Hobby Lobby and filled them with coffee beans and adhered the letters. Stuck a 50 cent candle in them and it looks awesome! It makes me smile every time I look at it. We also picked up a few extra gourds at the pumpkin patch that I used on the mantle. A reminder of a great time. I love the mantle!

Close up of my project. Super easy and under $10!!
This is the centerpiece I use on the kitchen table. And my fun leaf plates I put in my plate rack.
See super easy and cheap decorations that make it so festive! My friend Jess did an awesome blog today on fall decorating. You can check it out here. How do you decorate for fall?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these creative ideas! Thanks for the link - I updated my post with a link here too :). ~Jess

Amanda Sanford said...

It looks great, Emily! It inspired me to take a few photos of mine, too. I am like you...simple and inexpensive, but sure love to see it around! When it is 90+ degrees in October, fall decor inside and out makes me feel cooler! :)