Friday, October 22, 2010

Getting Excited for Halloween

Happy Friday!! We are getting geared up for another great weekend. A couple of birthday parties (Kate's first one to go to for one of her "friends") and a BIG football game.

We are getting really excited around the Eckley household for Halloween next week. It is such a fun time of the year. I have wrestled a bunch with what we as a family would celebrate regarding Halloween. To me it is just a fun time to dress up and get candy (although me the dietitian does not like that part - I am the mean person that hands out pencils. I just can't give out candy). I know there are a bunch of people that say it is "satanic" and such. We choose not to celebrate it like that. We celebrate the fun side of Halloween. I enjoy sharing fun things with my children and this is just another fun thing we do. Matt came across this article a couple of weeks ago and it really has transformed what we think about Halloween even more. I encourage you to read it. We look forward to sharing with neighbors what we believe as they knock on our door!!

I am so excited to have 2 kiddos to dress up this year. I wanted to dress them in coordinating costumes of some sort. I let Ben take the lead and he made his choice so Kate's costume followed. Matt and I are even joining in the fun. I won't give it all away but let's just say we are going to be one SUPER family.

Kate has like 3 Halloween shirts that I have enjoyed putting on her this week. I thought she looked so cute yesterday. Ben is also giving you a clue as to what he is going to be!

PS - I know Kate's bow is really big but it matched her outfit! I can hear Jessica laughing all the way from her house!!

5 comments:

The Edmonds said...

The bow is only big by your standards.... :) I think it is just the right size! And Jessica probably has a bow just like it except it has Genevieve's initials monogramed on it...Ha Ha!

Jessica said...

Hahahahahahahahaha. To the both of you!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I just got the kids' outfits tonight :). I love the bow :). ~Jess

Lindsey said...

I'm with Candace on this one - I don't think it's big at all :) Too funny! She does look precious!

Jennifer Ezell said...

Loved the article. Thanks for sharing!