Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ben's 5 Year Check Up

I still can't believe I have a 5 year old. Today Ben went for his 5 year check up. After the 4 year old check up and the trauma of the shots we were all a little anxious about the appointment. I promised Ben that there would be no shots but I forgot about the finger prick for the blood tests. Oh my goodness. You would have thought the boy's finger had been cut off. There were lots of tears and screaming.

The rest of the appointment went great! Ben is right on track with everything. He weighed in at 43 pounds (60%ile) and was 44 inches (70 %ile). His growth is excellent. Most of the milestones were met (well I guess we need to work on our address and phone number). His eye issues are the biggest concern but we are working on that. It was a great appointment. Always good to know he is doing great.

The boy milked the "hurt" finger all day. He refused to do anything because of the finger. Poor guy needs to toughen up!

0 comments: