Monday, May 20, 2013

Father's Day????

After some really busy weekends, we were excited to have a much more low key weekend.  Friday night there was nothing on the schedule so we enjoyed a nice dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant and then came home and played a game as a family.  It was a great night!
 Saturday morning the kids actually slept in (you know until 6:45).  I had shown Ben and Kate a book that I had gotten for Matt for Father's Day.  They couldn't keep it a secret for 24 hours.  They told Matt about it on Saturday morning.  So we decided to just give it to him.  Ben even handed him one of my Mother's Day cards and said pretend it says Happy Father's Day.  Made me laugh!  So I guess we celebrated Father's Day a little early.
 Ben had a game Saturday morning and then we just did a few things around the house.  Saturday afternoon I went to a baby shower for a friend and then shopping with some of my other friends.  It was a nice time away.  Matt took Ben to a birthday party for one of his friends from school.  It was at our local pizza place which was a lot of fun.  Ben got to throw his dough up in the air.
 And them put all the toppings on it that he wanted.  He did no tomato sauce - cheese and pepperonis only!  They said the party was lots of fun!
Sunday was regular church stuff and afternoon chores.  It was a much needed relaxing weekend!!

0 comments: