Saturday, May 25, 2013

First Day of Summer!!!!!

We celebrated the first day of summer in a big way!!  My friend Lisa and I had been trying to get together for several months and this was the day that finally worked out.  And it was perfect way to kick off the summer.  We headed out early and made the trip down to Birmingham.  The kids were great in the car and we made it easily to the McWane Center.  We all had such a great time!!!  
 Nothing is more fun than playing with giant bubbles.

 These are some super silly kids!


 I loved getting to see Savannah Grace, Lisa's little girl.  She is just adorable.  She did seem a little overwhelmed by my crazy kids.
 Lisa took us to the best restaurant for lunch.  It is called Little Donkey and is cantina Mexican food.  It was amazing!!!  I dreamed about my burrito bowl last night.
 Lisa talks about Steele City Pops all the time on her blog and I have been dying to go!  They did not disappoint.  Ben got blood orange which he loved.  Kate got vanilla bean and I got raspberry lemon.  They were awesome!!!!  We will be making another trip down there this summer.
 Lisa is such a special friend.  I was talking just this week about how my friends in college were some of the most influential.  I changed so much during college just establishing how I was and what I believed.  Because of that my friends during that time were amazing!  Lisa is the calmest person I have ever met (really I don't think I have ever seen her upset) and that is such blessing to be around.  She always encourages me whenever we get together so it was great to get to catch up and spend some time together.
 Lisa and Savannah Grace had to go nap but they gave us directions to a great park.  It was a beautiful day and the park was a lot of fun!!


 We couldn't go to Birmingham and not make a trip to the Lego store!  Ben was in Lego heaven.
We were are really tired at this point and decided to head home.  It was a great way to kick off the summer!  Thanks for hanging out with us Lisa and Savannah Grace.  We can't wait to do it again soon!

0 comments: