Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ben and the Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I thought I would take the title from one of my favorite books as a kid. Ben has had the worst day ever. He has had allergies really bad this week with the changing weather so he woke up with a stuffy nose. I almost didn't send him to MDO but he loves it so much and I knew he wasn't sick so he went on. I got a call at 11 that he was screaming and they couldn't get him to stop. They had come in from the playground and he just lost it. I got there about 20 minutes later and he was still screaming. Don't really know why. He is cutting some teeth so I guess he was hurting - yea I forgot to mention the teeth earlier. He hasn't eaten in 2 days because of the teeth so that could have been why he was screaming because it was time to eat. So I picked him up and calmed him down. He had a haircut scheduled so we just drove around until the haircut so he could sleep. All afternoon he was just sort of pitiful but he didn't take a nap. We went outside before dinner to play. He was riding in the wagon with one of his friends and he fell out the back and busted his eye!!! Blood everywhere and it immediately puffed up and he broke his glasses. Really it was a bad day!! So tonight he got to eat ice cream for dinner and watch TV and movies all night! Hopefully tomorrow will be better - it can only be better.

Here is his puffy eye. He is 19 months old and already he is on his 2nd black eye. Of course we are supposed to be getting his Christmas pictures made on Friday. We will see how it looks tomorrow! Also a picture of the broken glasses. Hopefully they can fix them at the eyeglass place or else we are buying another pair! YEA!!



4 comments:

The South Family said...

Poor baby! And I know it was hard for you too. I hope today is a much better day:o)

Emily said...

test

Amanda Sanford said...

Bless his heart! I am glad you were home and able to hug and love him through such a difficult day! Prayers that today will be MUCH improved!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness!!! I hope he is better today and that are able to get his glasses fixed!!!