Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins, Vans & Trucks

Random title I know but it really sums up our weekend. We did our annual pumpkin carving this weekend. Our Life Group always has a social to carve pumpkins that we always enjoy. That was on Saturday night. We had been debating for a while what we were going to carve and finally decided on a Thomas the Train pumpkin (since it is Ben's favorite right now). The social was lots of fun and Matt always does such an amazing job on the pumpkin. Really he is awesome!! He is very artistic and just free hands the pumpkin!! Ben loves the train pumpkin. Every time he sees it he calls it "choo choo pumpump." Matt said as long as Ben can recognize it that is all that matters!

The other big news around the Eckley house is we got a new van and a new (to us) truck. I know that is crazy. If you know us well you know we don't buy cars very often (it really sends me into panic attacks! - I don't spend money well!). My parents were talking about buying a new car and offered to let us buy their truck from them. We were thinking about it and then the crazy idea came to trade in both of our cars and buy a new van and buy the truck. Really I don't know how it all happened it just happened too quickly. So now we have a truck and a new van. And I am feeling really old. I am excited about a mini van. I was driving a mini van (it was old and beat up but I loved it until the guy told me it was unsafe to drive on Friday which is what got all this started). Having a new mini van that we sought out is making me feel old! Oh well. I guess that is my life.

Here are some pictures of our pumpkins and the new van (because several of you have asked to see it!)


From the pumpkin carving - All the kids with the pumpkins (& Kyle!)

Ben driving the new van (note the truck in the background)

The new van - Sorry bad picture but it is blue and a Honda Odyssey (really not that excited I know!)

And I just thought this was a funny picture. Yesterday we had Evan our neighbor who is Ben's age over to play and I was making up our bed when the boys started jumping on it! They had so much fun!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the new van Emily!!! And a truck is always handy to have!!!!! Matt did an amazing job on the pumpkin! Go Matt!!!!!

Cabra said...

Wow!! Big weekend! You deserve the new van for being such a great mom! And Matt is a good dad, but that pumpkin should win a prize of a new truck also! :-)

Anonymous said...

Matt is very talented! You guys have a nice life...

Ben Amos