Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Veggie Tales

Last night we took Ben to see the Veggie Tales Live show. I have been a fan of Veggie Tales for many years. They first came out when I was in high school and it was cool to like them back then (ok so maybe not really cool but it was ok to like them). I remember a lot of the songs from back in the day. Now Ben just likes any cartoon so I let him watch Veggies because I can stand to watch it. It actually has some adult humor in it that I like.

So we thought it would be fun to take Ben to the live show. We met up with our friends the Hancocks for dinner and then went up to the church (it was at our church) where we met up with the Powells. So to get the scene. We are packed on a tiny pew (it was one of the 1/2 pews in the back) with 7 children and 6 adults. The sanctuary is packed and it is all fun and exciting. I really did feel like I was at a rock concert or something. It was a strange feeling. All these screaming people.

Ben loved the show. Well, I guess he loved it. You would not have known from his expressions. He was motionless the whole show. He just stared at the stage with his hands in his mouth. He cracks me up because he is always on the go but if he is interested in something he can be still as a statue. It was like he was taking it all in and didn't want to miss anything. It just made us laugh. The show was very enjoyable and I was glad to be in the back (it was loud - did I mention I felt like I was at a rock concert for kids!) And then I wondered why we even took him. It is not like he even remembers it today. Oh well. I guess the memories are for us and it was fun!
Our packed pew!
Statue Boy watching the show

He chewed his hands the entire time!

Playing with his friend John Thomas during intermission.

During the second half of the show I made him clap so at least he wasn't just staring.




3 comments:

The South Family said...

Wasn't the show great! Im sure Ben enjoyed it even though she just stared:o)

The South Family said...

I meant he not she.

Jennifer said...

How funny!!! Glad you enjoyed it too!!! I know my boys had a blast and screamed and yelled for "BOB" and "LARRY" the entire time!!!
Can't wait to see you all Monday!