Monday, October 6, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

The calendar is telling us it is fall so I changed the background on the blog. The weather is not exactly cooperating but that is ok. Today it was 87 degrees. More like summer than fall. We are trying to get in the fall spirit though!

We went to the Tate Farm pumpkin patch on Saturday. It was so much fun!! When Ben walked in he literally said Whoa!! There was so much to see and do. We went on a hayride and got to pick our own pumpkin. There was a petting zoo with farm animals. They had all sorts of little kiddie climbing things which Ben loved!! There was a hay maze and a pumpkin gun! So much to see and do!! We took so many pictures that I couldn't include them all but here are some of the highlights. Thanks to Uncle Brett and Aunt Joanna for going with us and helping us out. It took all four of us to watch after Ben.


I am not a fan of petting zoos but I did let Ben look at a bunny that I held.

The thing Ben loved the most was climbing up into a cotton picker they had turned into a slide. I love this picture because he is holding his cup and trying to figure out how he is going to go up the ladder.This was the cool slide!
The pumpkin shooter!




Picking out our family pumpkin. It is now on our front porch. It was so neat to actually get to pick the pumpkin off the vine. They had all sorts of different pumpkins as well. We got some neat ones and made a display on our mantle.



On the hayride... Ben has major texture issues so he wasn't a big fan of the hay!







Be on the lookout. I have lots to post and write about this week.





3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, looks like you all had a great time!!! I think we are going to try to go this weekend! We all had the crud this weekend :(

Cabra said...

so much fun! i can't wait for hunter to be old enough to do stuff like this!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It's great! I need to go update mine...