Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall Break Fun!

Last week was fall break for the schools here in Huntsville. Although Ben is not in school it did affect us. We didn't have a lot of our normal activities all week (no Bible Study, no MDO). I had told Matt at the beginning of the week that it might be a rough week for me because I wouldn't have any breaks but I was wrong!! Our week was packed with all sorts of fun activities. We went up to the Nature Trail on Green Mountain, we had play dates, we went to the Botanical Gardens, and we went on "secret adventures!" Ben even went to work with me a couple of times (no childcare was available so he just hung out with me at work - I didn't accomplish too much but did what I had to do). It was a great week. We were more busy than usual. We got to see lots of our friends and experience lots of new things. I love having a flexible little guy who is up for whatever I throw at him.


Oh I almost forgot about the birthday party he went to... Our little next door neighbor was turning 7 and she invited Ben to her spend the night birthday party!!! Ben didn't spend the night but he did go over for the first part that included playing Barbies (he loved playing with Barbie's car) and making purses!!

Here are a few pictures from the fun week we had (I didn't take pictures of all the activities we did!).






A couple of funny things Ben has done in the last week... I very rarely will let Ben watch TV while he eats but every once in a while as a treat I will pull his chair over in front of the TV. One day last week while I was fixing his breakfast I looked up and he had pulled his chair all the way over in front of the TV and was waiting on breakfast!! This morning I gave Ben syrup for the first time with his waffles (although I was later informed by my dad that they give him syrup all the time when he stays at their house). I caught Ben dipping his paci in the syrup and just licking it off!! The boy knows what he wants and will do what it takes to get what he wants!!

2 comments:

Amanda Sanford said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Ben has the best smile I have ever seen! He is just too cute! Lets get him and Reagan together next time we are there! She loves dip, too!

The South Family said...

I love Ben's hair! The girls are going to go wild for him as he grows up:o)