Friday, April 30, 2010

Help Me Please!!!!!

You may notice there are not many pictures of me on the blog. There is a reason for that. I can't take a picture without closing my eyes to save my life!!! It is pathetic. I really can't do it. Every single time I try to take a picture my eyes are closed.

I need some suggestions from all your really photogenic people and photographers out there. What can I do so that all my pictures don't look like this? It is sad when the 3 year old and 5 month look good but the mommy looks awful!!

2 comments:

Cabra said...

You are too funny asking for help. I thought some of the recent pictures were going really well for you! I googled it and read that you should keep your eyes closed until the count of 3.

Also here's what ehow.com suggested, not so sure but worth a try I guess!

*Stick your Tongue To the Roof

The first thing you can do to keep your eyes open is to smile while sticking your tongue on the roof of your mouth. As silly as it sounds, it works. Something about that action makes you more likely to keep your eyes open.

*Chew Gum or Mints

You can chew gum or use mints to help you keep your mouth open. Tuck the gum or mint on the roof of your mouth to keep your mouth open. The gum and mints help remind you to do something with them while you're being photographed, and that in turn helps you keep your eyes open.

Jessica said...

Have the photographer take multiple pics one after the other... And to not always count because the anticipation of the flash can make a person blink. Or have Matt learn to watch for a blink from you and then take a pic immediately after. Or you can blink on '2' so your eyes will be open by the time they get to '3'. And don't use the red-eye multiple-flash function.... It's notorious for creating blinks.

I had never heard of the tounge on roof of mouth... Definitely worth a try!