Thursday, April 15, 2010

A New House

No we are not moving. My brother, Andrew, and his wife, Kelly are building a new house here in Huntsville. They are about 1 month away from being done. It is an awesome house. It is huge! Way bigger than ours. I have told them I am bringing over lots of stuff to store at their place since they have lots of extra rooms. Today we went over to check out the progress on the house. It is really coming along.

It is such a cute house. It has great curb appeal!


There are a few things about their house that I just love. I am just a bit jealous! This is their pantry! It is huge!!! I wouldn't call it a pantry as much as an extra room.
This is their awesome master bath shower. I love tile showers. I might just have to go over there and take a shower in it soon!
And this is their awesome mudroom with great built in cabinets!
Ben had a blast playing with the building materials. He also picked out which room was his for when he spends the night. Hope you are ready for company Uncle Andrew and Aunt Kelly!

Kate was checking it all out with Granna
We can't wait until they are just 15 minutes up the road. We are already planning dinner parties every month at each other's houses. I am super excited for them and their new house and jobs!
I also wanted to share an amazing moment that I had today. There are some days that it is hard being a mom. I love my kids but it is just long and tiring (mentally and physically). Today we went to the park for lunch with some friends. After they left, Ben and I were playing while Kate slept in her stroller. We took off our shoes and were splashing in the creek. We chased butterflies and just talked. It was a wonderful time. I am so glad that I took the time to cherish that moment. I am going to hold onto when I am having a rough day. I am so blessed to be the mother of 2 fabulous kids and to be able to spend time with them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting! I know first hand what a huge blessing it is to have family move nearby.

Thanks for sharing the last story - it's so true that those special times make all the exhausting work worth it! Jess