Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mr. Putter and Tabby Pour the Tea

One of our favorite set of books to read is the Mr. Putter and Tabby books. They are about an old man who adopts a cat. The books follow them as they have different adventures. My mom the librarian introduced them to Ben. He loves them. His favorite is the very first one called Mr. Putter and Tabby Pour the Tea. In it the cat, Tabby, and Mr. Putter have tea everyday.

Kate got a tea set for Easter and Ben had been dying to open it and "have tea." So recently I opened it and he has had a blast having tea with any and everyone. He pretends to be Tabby and whoever is with him has to be Mr. Putter. It is so much fun to watch him play tea. Ok I know Matt is going to kill me for posting this and it may not seem "boyish." But I think it is teaching him good manners. Plus he does it with Kate and it is one of the few things they can "play" together at this point. And it is just fun!! Enjoy some pictures of Ben and Kate's tea party today.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just TOO sweet and cute!!!! ~Jess

The South Family said...

Looks like Kate's hair is almost long enough for pigtails.

Jessica said...

Love that they play tea together! Who cares if it's a pink tea set? Not me!!! I love seeing them interact! Throw in some popcorn and you've got the makings of a tv commercial... (do you know the one I'm talking about where the dad and big brother have tea just to get the popcorn? it's pretty cute!)

Elizabeth said...

SO cute! we have that tea set too- Anna loves to drink water out of those tea cups! I know the commercial Jessica's talking about- hilarious!