Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rice Krispies

Kate got her first taste of real food today (if you can call rice cereal real food). I was planning on waiting a little longer to start her on solids but she has been really interested in our food over the last couple of weeks(ok I admit I let her have a taste of applesauce and suck on a Cheez It). She has also started not sleeping through the night. So I figured it was time.

She did really well with it. She didn't have any trouble keeping it in her mouth and seemed to know exactly what she was doing! She liked it ok I guess. She was tired so she wasn't too interested. We will try again tomorrow morning and maybe she will be more into it. I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. Time is flying!!

Funny story about the Rice Krispie title. Back when Ben was a baby I told Matt that the first food he would get would be rice cereal. Matt got a really funny look on his face and said "so do we just smash up the Rice Krispies and give them to him?" Too funny!!



1 comments:

Jesse and Lacey said...

i laughed at this because Jesse thought the exact same thing. I thought he had to be kidding!