Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Covered Refrigerator

I love order and no clutter. I am a horrible housekeeper. My house is dusty and the bathrooms are not clean but everything is picked up and has a place. I don't like lots of stuff sitting around junking up my house. I have found this is a problem as Ben gets older. It seems like every time he goes to church and school he comes home with some "beautiful" creation. I have run out of room on the refrigerator side. We now have an art area upstairs in the playroom to hang up the creations. At first the covered refrigerator bothered me and my desire for no clutter. But I have come to realize that this is just a temporary thing. One day before to long I will have an empty fridge with no beautiful artwork on it. I am desiring to enjoy every minute of this time of my little one's lives which means even treasuring my cluttered fridge.


What got me thinking about this today is that Ben brought home the best mother's day present from school. It was a wonderful picture he had made of flowers with his hand and a picture of him. He also planted me a beautiful flower. So special. This will be one of the ones that goes in the special box upstairs to be saved!
Now for a couple of pictures of my super special kiddos!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

hey, I recognize that cat you have on your fridge! My boys just did that in Puggles a couple of weeks ago! :) And yes, you are right, a cluttered fridge is temporary and something we will miss in the years to come! I am scanning all the boys artwork and making a book out of it, that way I don't feel like I am throwing it all away, but I still have the memories of it! The special ones make it up on the fridge or wall and the really special ones will be kept. This is my attempt at decluttering!
What a sweet Mothers Day gift!

Jessica said...

I'm pretty much the same---I'm not a 'clean-freak' but I don't like lots of clutter. I like for everything to have it's place. We used to have a perfectly plain refrigerator. No longer. It's slowly and creepily getting covered with kid things. You're absolutely right--it's only for a season.
And I've read over and over to scan or take pics of the artwork so that you keep the memory of the item, but loose the clutter. I'm planning to do that once BB begins projects that need to be 'memorified.'