Thursday, May 13, 2010

What A Deal

I just had to share the AMAZING deal that I got on clothes for the kids this week. We have an awesome kids resale shop near our house called Twice Upon A Time. They only take high end clothes that are in really good shape. Twice a year they have a big clearance sale to get rid of some of the inventory. So I went on Saturday with my mom and we racked up. Everything on the clearance racks was $1. I thought we got some great deals. We bought 75 things. Well then on Wednesday the deal got even better. It was everything that you could stuff in one of their sacks for $10. I filled 2 sacks worth of stuff. It was a total of 73 things for $20. So in total we paid $101 for 148 things. That is an average of 68 cents per item!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!! And I am talking good clothes. I would say 50% of them are Gymboree and the rest are Polo, Mulberry Bush, Tommy or Gap. I also went shopping the the teen section for myself. I bought some really "trendy" clothes I wouldn't normally buy but for 68 cents who wouldn't try them.

Not that my kids even needed clothes right now. The majority of the clothes were for the winter and next summer but some are for now. Ben and Kate have so many clothes but at these prices why not???

Ben's haul!
Some of Kate's. My mom bought some of them and is washing them at her house so I don't have them. We also bought a ton of things for my cousin's new baby.

My clothes. Not too bad!
I loved the shoes I got. Look at the brand new pair of New Balance tennis shoes for Ben!! 68 cents!!!!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is awesome! What a great deal! I've been eying that place every time I drive by- I guess I should have stopped!

Julie Rodgers said...

This makes me sick!! Can't believe I missed it! PLEASE let me know next time they have a clearance. I will definitely be hauling the Rodgers-Mobile up there. You racked up!!!

Jennifer said...

wow! What an awesome deal Emily!!! way to go!!!