Monday, May 24, 2010

High Temp Weekend

We had another great weekend around the Eckley house. It was full of high temps! Yesterday there was a new record high temperature outside of 95 degrees. I think we are in for along hot summer!! Kate also ran a temp on Saturday of 102 (not a record for her that would be 104 a couple of months ago). Poor thing has the worst allergies. Anytime we go outside she starts sneezing and gets red eyes. Then the next day she is all stuffy and snotty. Then she gets a cough. I don't know why she ran the fever Saturday but I am sure it has to do with the allergies. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to deal with the baby allergies?

Friday night we hung out with my family at Kelly and Andrew's new house. Kelly fixed an awesome dinner with asparagus chicken! Yummy!!! Matt had to work on Saturday (booo!!). So the kids and I got up early (well we get up early everyday) and joined my mom for some yard sales. It was Kate's first yard saleing adventure. We got some awesome clothes for me and a few fun things for the kids along the way. I love yard sales! Saturday afternoon is when Kate came down with the fever so we had to cancel our plans with the Mobleys (sorry guys we hate we had to miss dinner). Sunday Kate and I stayed home from church since she had the fever the day before (although she was fever free except for 2 hours on Saturday). I got lots done while the boys were at church. Then I went to a wedding shower. When I got home it was 95 degrees outside so we thought it was time to bust out the baby pool! The kids had a blast playing in it for a couple of hours. Kate loved standing in the water. She wasn't too excited about sitting because it was really cold. Ben loved every minute of it. Our neighborhood pool opens on Friday and we are so excited!! We are planning on spending most of the summer swimming! We had a great weekend even with the high temps.





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

looks like a fun time in the pool! we need to get ours out too! and I agree, I think we are in for a long hot summer!

My Three Sons said...

Whatever Kate has Isaac has it too. He had a fever of 102 all day fri and sat. He has been fever free, but now is all stuffy and coughing. Fun times! We need to get these boys together to swim sometime this summer!!