Friday, May 7, 2010

Flashback Friday - Baby Dedication

This is a big weekend at our house. We are celebrating Kate's baby dedication on Sunday. So much fun!! It is a time where we can go before the Lord and dedicate the wonderful gift that He gave us back to Him. There really isn't any eternal significance to the ceremony but it is a time as parents for us to say that we are going to do our best to raise Kate just as God would have us raise her. I think it is a special time. Our family will be coming to church with us on Sunday which will be great (I was thinking about how we all go to different churches here in town so it is a special treat for everyone to be able to worship together). Aunt Kelly is even flying in (ok so she isn't flying in for this but it is cool she will be there). We are having a lunch back at our house for everyone after the service. Lots to do but also lots of fun. It is a great way to celebrate Mother's Day.

Since I didn't have the blog back when Ben was a baby, I thought I would share some pictures from his dedication.


My first Mother's Day as a mom!

0 comments: