Monday, March 28, 2011

Mondays with Kate

One of the biggest things that I worried about when we decided to have a second child was how in the world was I going to spend as much time with the new baby as I did with Ben. I had to realize that I was never going to be able to spend as much time as I did with Ben. He was the first and got the most attention. I also realized that the special time that I have alone with Kate has got to be really good quality time!! Our Mondays are our quality time together. Ben goes to school and I try really hard not to work on Mondays in order to have time with Kate (and also to get some things done). We do our grocery shopping together on Monday mornings. She loves the one on one attention while she is in the cart alone. It is a fun time. We also do laundry. This morning she was helping me fold it and put it away. She actually did a great job of helping! Then we got to play!!! It is so much fun to watch her play when Ben is not around. She doesn't have to worry about keeping up with him. She can do her own thing and is super happy! Today she strolled her baby all around the house. She has some crazy hair I know!! It is so hard to tame these days and we are just at home I let it go! And played with her doll house. We were both cracking up making the family do funny things. I love my time alone with my little girl. I hope she knows how special she is to me and how much I desire to spend the quality time with her!

0 comments: