Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4, 2011

We had a great 4th of July weekend!!! It is one of my favorite holidays. Just lots of good food and tons of fun!! We started on Sunday was some patriotic cuteness at church!! Sunday night I began working on some special treats for the big day. When my Martha Stewart magazine came this month I just knew I had to make the cookies on the cover. They looked so cute!! I had never worked with royal icing before so I knew it was going to be an experiment.
So Sunday night for about 4 hours my mom, my friend Kim and I worked hard on the cookies. We had a great time doing it. And the cookies turned out amazing!!! I always worry when I try something out of a magazine but these turned out just like they said.





Matt was actually able to take off Monday for the holiday. We were so excited for him to be able to do some fun things with us. We first went over to Matt's aunt's house for a swim party. Kate looked so cute in her flag swimsuit. She actually had about 6 different patriotic outfit changes throughout the day!

We had a blast swimming. Ben loved going down the slide.

Kate even got into the sliding action.

The cookies were a big hit! We also made some patriotic dipped strawberries that turned out really cute.

We played lots of water volleyball and other fun pool games. Ben swam like a fish (so did Kate). It was so much fun!!!






The kids were worn out!! We came home for some naps. Since our air is still out and it is still hot outside they have been sleeping upstairs since there is air up there!


We then headed over to Kelly and Andrew's house for more fun!!

As I have said before Kelly really knows how to throw a party. Everything was beautiful. She had such fun decorations and some amazing food. Here is the desert table with dirt cup shooters, cake pops, and mini trifles!

Fun drinks.

Grill masters!

All the amazing food!

Kate really enjoyed her dirt cup!

After eating we went swimming again. It was a beautiful night and perfect for swimming. We were able to watch fireworks from the pool. It was a perfect day to celebrate our country's birthday!

0 comments: