Saturday, November 27, 2010

THE Game

Ok all of you that live in Alabama know what I am talking about. THE game of the century was yesterday. THE game to end all games. THE game that would decide bragging rights for 354 days. THE only game that mattered all season. THE Iron Bowl!!

I think Matt was more upset about having to work on Friday during the game than he was about working on Thanksgiving. Once again, we hated to have him miss out but at least he has a job!

We went over to my parent's house to watch the game. Matt joined us when he got off work. The first quarter was really ugly. We started watching and then turned it off. It was 24-0 before we knew it. I was texting with poor Brad and LeeAnn at the game. They said it was miserable there. I have faith in our team and knew that there was the possibility that they could come back but I just didn't see it happening. It got to the point where I was just hoping we didn't embarrass ourselves. We needed to at least score.

Then the second half happened!! I have watched a lot of Auburn football games in the last 30 years and I would have to say this one is one for the books. The comeback was amazing!!! I still couldn't watch though. I was too nervous. We decorated my parent's tree. Kelly and I took long walks. We did just about everything we could but watch the game. All of our hearts were racing. It just didn't seem possible that we were going to win. But it happened - we WON!!!!! I can't believe it. Such a great victory. I am so proud of the team. It has been an amazing season. No matter win or lose we are Auburn fans but it sure is fun to win!!!

Victory Hug!!!!
She didn't know what all the fuss was about but she loved the clapping and jumping and yelling.
Family Auburn photo!
Big family Auburn photo! Lots of smiles all around.

0 comments: