Monday, November 22, 2010

My Little Pilgrim

Today at school Ben's class celebrated Thanksgiving with a feast. They had to dress up as either Pilgrims or Indians. I just knew he would pick to be an Indian. It totally shocked me when he asked to be a Pilgrim. That is actually a much easier costume to make so I was all for it. I pulled together my very limited sewing skills (ok I have none - I just did some cutting and velcro) to make this cute costume for my little Pilgrim. I thought he looked so cute! Just like they did way back at the first Thanksgiving don't you think! He loved his feast today. They had hot dogs (just like at the first Thanksgiving), fruits, veggies, chips and pumpkin pie. The teacher said he only ate chips and the whipped cream off the pie. I figured! Oh well. It was a great experience.
He has learned so much in the last couple of weeks about Pilgrims and Indians. I am so proud of him. He came home one day telling me all about papooses. He can tell you the entire story of the first Thanksgiving! So great.

It was a great way to start of a week of giving thanks!

1 comments:

My Three Sons said...

all micah ate was potato chips and pumpkin pie! He said he really liked the whipped cream the best though:)