Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Almost Time!!

I really do think I have been planning Kate's first birthday for an entire year! I remember thinking about it as she lay on a ventilator in the NICU. It was one of those things that kept me going during that long week. I had to think about the good times that were to come.

Tomorrow is going to be so much fun!! We do small family parties for first birthdays so it will just be grandparents and aunts and uncles here. But it will not be small in terms of fun! Our house has turned into an explosion of hot pink and lime green! It is a cupcake themed party and it is going to be great. Here is the invitation that I made. I think it turned out super cute.
I have spent the last couple of days cleaning and decorating. I love to go all out for birthdays if you didn't know. I change out all the regular decor for birthday stuff. I love making people feel special on their birthdays. Kate has 4 different birthday outfits to wear (I also go overboard on clothes). This is her cute cupcake shirt she is wearing today as we get ready.
Here is your sneak peek and what has been birthday central for the last couple of months. I have been working on getting it all together! As I said lots of pink and green. Can't wait to show it all to you!

My mixer is currently getting a workout as I work on baking the cupcakes and cake for Kate!
We are so excited! Tomorrow is going to be so much fun! Lots to celebrate.

0 comments: