Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas in the Dining Room

Can I just say that I am in love with my dining room this Christmas season??  Really I am loving the whole dining room redo but especially right now.  I knew that I was going to be in trouble when Christmas rolled around because none of my usual Christmas decorations were going to look good with the new color scheme.  I decided to just go for it and totally change things up for the holiday season.  It turned out amazing (and so very different)!!  
 I really wanted to do mercury glass elements on the table but I was afraid they were going to be too expensive.  I hit up T.J. Maxx and was amazed to find just what I was wanting for only $6!!!  I love the the mercury glass trees and candlesticks.  I pulled out my fine china (that has never been used) as well because it went perfectly with the silver elements.
 I had bought this joy birch bark sign last year just because I loved it.  It didn't really go but now I know why I got it - because it was meant to go with the new set up!!  It is perfect!
 This is my big splurge that I am so excited about.  I went to a trunk show of a local artist, Georgi Bragg, and saw this and immediately knew it was perfect.  After some convincing by a friend, I just bought it!  And I have not had one moment of regret.  It is beautiful and so unique.  The colors are perfect.  I am so excited to get to showcase it each year.
 And finally the little sideboard.  My mom gave an early Christmas present of an amazing tray that fits perfectly in the room.  I filled my canisters with some silver ornaments to complete the look!
There has been an added Christmas touch since I finished wrapping all the family gifts.  I love how they add some fun Christmas color to the room!
As you can tell, I am just a little excited about how the decorations turned out.  Sometimes I just go in there and sit and enjoy it!

0 comments: